New Student & Transition Programs recruits graduate student interns through the NODA Internship Program coordinated by the Association for Orientation, Transition, and Retention in Higher Education (NODA). NODA Interns support the coordination and implementation of summer Orientation & Extended Orientation programs and assist with the training and supervision of our student leaders. We hope that the following information gives you an insight into our positions, but please let us know if you have any questions.
New Student & Transition Programs two core programs are FASET Orientation and Wreck Camp. Both programs play a major part in the transition and success of incoming first years, transfer, and international students.
- The Georgia School of Technology opened for classes October 8, 1888.
- The first official motto was, “To Know, To Do, To Be.” It’s symbol was an anvil.
- Georgia Tech’s undergraduate program received a ranking of 7th among public universities and 35th overall according to 2015 edition of U.S. News & World Report
- The Institute is consistently rated among the top universities in the nation for graduation of underrepresented minorities in engineering, computer science, and architecture.
- Georgia Tech's beautiful 400-acre, tree-lined campus is located in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia. Our strong work ethic is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating sports, campus traditions, approximately 400 student organizations, and more than 50 Greek organizations.Georgia Tech’s athletic tradition began in 1892 with the first football team.
- Tech has won four National Championships in football in the years 1917, 1928, 1952, and 1990. The Yellow Jacket football team has one of the nation’s best records in bowl games at 24-19.
Quotes from Past Interns
What to do in Atlanta
Since you get the chance to both work and live in Atlanta, there are tons of things for you to experience in the months that you are with us.
EATING IN ATLANTA
Georgia Tech is located in the heart of Atlanta with numerous restaurants within walking distance. From 5 star restaurants to local holes in the wall, Atlanta has a wide array of restaurants for all foodies to enjoy. Whether you want to tell them "What You Have" at the famous Varsity Restaurant, indulge in a Quadruple Coronary Bypass Burger at the Vortex, or enjoy a raw steak tartare burger from Flip Burger Boutique, Atlanta speaks to all the different taste buds out there. Check out the best food that Atlanta has to offer here.
LEISURE IN ATLANTA
Atlanta has the busiest airport in the United States, so with that comes a lot of attractions to see in the city.
Things to make sure you do before you leave:
- Try 100 Different Flavors of Coke From Around the World at the World of Coca-Cola
- Watch the Atlanta Braves Play Nine Innings
- Walk with the Sea Creatures at the Georgia Aquarium, One of the Largest in the World
- Walk, Bike, & Run on the Atlanta Beltline
- Stop and Smell the Orchids at the Atlanta Botantical Gardens
- Catch a Broadway Play at the Historic Fox Theater
- Shop and Dine at Atlantic Station
- Enjoy a Concert at the Various Concert Venues in the City
- Explore the History of College Football at the College Football Hall of Fame
- See the News Delivered at the CNN Studio
- Visit the Home of MLK JR, the King Center, or the Carter Center
- Walk Around the Historic Oakland Cementary
- Get Your Thrills in at Six Flags Over Georgia
- Wave at the World Famous Pandas at the Atlanta Zoo
Here is a list as well, Things to Do in Atlanta
Good Luck With Your Process!
Thank you for reviewing our NODA Internship positions. We hope that you feel that Georgia Tech would fit into the needs and expectations that you are seeking in your summer internship position. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Good luck with your internship search and process. GO JACKETS!