In collaboration with campus departments and academic units, the Office of New Student & Transition Programs offers programs and services to support sophomore success and meet the unique needs of students during this critical academic transition. The overall goals of these programs are to help sophomores in:
- Managing and succeeding with sophomore year courses
- Moving from exploration to decision-making about majors and careers
- Developing meaningful relationships on-campus and beyond
- Pursuing involvement and leadership opportunities
- Creating a sophomore class identity
Sophomore Programs offers a variety of different programs to help students succeed in their second-year:
Sophomore Career Experience is a cohort-based program to provide second-year students unique access to workshops, speakers, and mentors in their field of study.
Sail into your Second Year is the Sophomore Year Welcome. This program offers you the opportunity to connect with student organizations, campus departments, and other resources to make sure you stay engaged during your second year at the Institute.