Transfer Student Portal and FAQ

This information is provided to new and currently enrolled transfer students. Please check back periodically as more resources will become listed. 

Information Listed Below:

FASET Orientation and Wreck Camp

Getting Involved on Campus
Greek Organizations
Co-Ops and Internships
GT 2000
Disability Services
Veterans Services​


For students interested in transferring to Georgia Tech, please visit for more information.

FASET Orientation and Wreck Camp 

FASET is the orientation program for all new students. While it is isn't mandatory, FASET allows students a chance to meet other new students, experienced student leaders, staff, and faculty members, seek class advisement, and register for classes. Transfer students should strongly consider attending a session because academic advisors will guide you on what classes to take depending on the class credit a student receives. Students who do not attend a FASET session will not be able to register for classes until the conclusion of all sessions. 

Wreck Camp is open to all new undergraduate first-years and transfer students. For more information, visit the Wreck Camp site

Getting Involved on Campus

If students were involved on their last campus and want to stay involved at Tech, please visit Georgia Tech's OrgSync for recognized student organizations. There will also be a time to meet new organizations during Engagement Week. For Fall 2015, it will happen August 24 through 28. 

Students can also get connected to other transfer students by joining the Transfer Student Association. Visit their Facebook page for more information.

Greek Organizations

Transfer students can stay involved or get involved in Greek organizations when they enroll at Tech. If a student is an active member of an organization that has a chapter here, s/he should connect with the chapter president. This information can be found on the Fraternity and Sorority Life website or by contacting the office directly. S/he can also reach out to the national organization to find out what the transfer/affiliation process is.

If the student is an active member of a fraternity/sorority that does NOT have a chapter at Georgia Tech, they are not allowed to join a different fraternity/sorority. A person may only hold membership in one fraternity/sorority during their lifetime. 

If a student wants to join, and has never been a member of a fraternity/sorority, all opportunities for them are the same as they are for first year students. Students should consult the Guide to Greek Life for more information.

Co-ops and Internships

C2D2 (Center for Career Discovery and Development) is part of the Office of Undergraduate Education with focus on experiential education (co-ops and internships), resources to help students land a full-time job upon graduation, and career development workshops and career counseling resources from first year through graduation, helping students transition from student to professional, from college to career. 

CareerBuzz is the on-line platform for co-op/internship postings, on-campus interviewing, full-time job postings, campus career fair events, and where you apply to the co-op/internship program.  The steps are to complete the form, review the online orientation and then meet with your career development advisor. Links to get started and make an appointment with your advisor are found on your CareerBuzz home page.

Co-ops alternate semesters between on-campus study and full-time employment. Co-ops are classified as full-time students during each term, regardless of whether they are attending classes on campus or working full-time at an employer location. Most undergrad co-op students begin the program as sophomores. Co-op work terms are completed with the same employer.

Internships can be with the same employer over multiple semesters or with different employers. Internships can be full-time or part-time and are paid. (Unpaid internships are the exception at Georgia Tech.)

Until you receive your Georgia Tech GPA after your first semester, you will be granted a temporary 3.0 GPA in CareerBuzz, which enables you to apply for the co-op/internship program and then after approval to apply for co-op or internship positions. First semester on campus you will be in class; your second semester is the earliest you could co-op or intern. If a student successfully completed a co-op term at a previous school, check with a career development advisor to see if it will transfer to Tech.

Two of the three co-op semesters must be fall and/or spring. Discuss the schedule with a career development advisor, and co-ordinate with the major academic advisor to make sure required courses for the major will be offered the semesters the student will be on campus. Planning ahead helps!

Link to list of advisors by major -

Location -

Walk in hours -

GT 2000/Transfer Experience Classes

Georgia Tech offers several classes for students to have a guided experience to understanding the resources and knowing the academics here. Students should talk to their advisor about enrolling in one of these classes.

GT 2000 is a class open to all new transfer students. Three sections will be offered in the fall. 

CHEM, CHBE, and ECE 2801 are discipline specific classes open to College of Sciences majors, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, and Electrical and Computer Engineering majors, respectively. If a student is in the College of Sciences, they should consider enrolling for CHEM 2801. If they are either Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering majors, they should consider taking either CHBE 2801 or ECE 2801, respectively. Please confirm with your academic advisor if you have any questions about these courses. 

Disability Services

In order to receive accommodations at Georgia Tech, students will need to register with the Office of Disability Services. In order to register, students will need to submit a Request for Services form and disability documentation. If you received accommodations at your previous institution and they still have your documentation on file, they can send it directly to the Office of Disability Services. Students should contact their previous disability services office and ask them to email, fax, or mail the documentation they have on file, as well as a record of your previous accommodations. Students will most likely need to sign a release of information form in order to give their previous institution permission to send their records. Once the Georgia Tech Office of Disability Services staff receives your documentation and application, they will review your file and contact within 15 business days to discuss the next steps. 

Please note, approval of accommodations at a previous institution does not guarantee approval or the same accommodations at another so it is important to submit your information several weeks before the start of your first semester at Georgia Tech. 

Veterans Services

Georgia Tech has a Veterans Resource Center for active military, veterans, and dependents students on campus. For questions and concerns about GI Bill and VA benefits, please email Dave Ross, Director of the Veterans Resource Center. His office is located 217B Smithgall Student Services Building, and he can be reached by phone at 404-385-2067.